IBM Legacy Support & Modernization
Legacy IBM i (AS400), AIX and z-Series Support & Modernization
At Absolute Performance, Inc. (API), we are very engaged in helping our customers on their journey to system modernization.
The challenges in the modernization journey are many and include:
- Continued support and performance of the current legacy environment
- Hardware and software passing End of Life (EOL)
- Reducing costly legacy spending, particularly capital expenditures
- Unlocking the data often siloed in disparate systems
- Reliability of High Availability and Disaster Recovery (DR) failover
- Staffing support and training between legacy and newer technologies
How API Can Help
API has collaborated with many customers in creating and executing results-based ROI roadmaps of their modernization journey and has deep experience in:
- IBM Legacy Environments: IBM i (AS400), AIX and z-Series
- The Quest for Modernization
IBM Legacy Environments: IBM i (AS400), AIX and z-Series
API’s capabilities and expertise spanning IBM Legacy environments are highlighted below:
- API Secure, Private IBM Legacy Cloud: API’s state-of-the-art production and disaster recovery (DR) cloud environments are in secure facilities in Chicago, IL, and Louisville, KY, respectively.
- Extend End-of-Life Runways: Migrate production, disaster recovery (DR) and development environments to our IBM legacy cloud environment.
- Eliminate Legacy Capital Expenditures: Maintain legacy capacity as an operating or variable cost based on computing capacity used.
- Relocation / Sunsetting: Migrate or sunset your existing platform into our IBM legacy cloud with long-term archival access, if required.
- Sustained Technology Support and Skills: Utilize our depth and breadth of talent to continue your operations 24/7 and redeploy talent within the enterprise to modernization initiatives that are more strategic.
- Mitigate Regulatory Risk: Maintain regulatory or audit compliance to industry or market standards.
- Renew or Sustain ITIL Processes: Change management, documentation, incident management and reporting are key to sustaining operation and scalability.
IBM Legacy Research & Development (R&D)
Lastly, in order to sustain the IBM Legacy operating environments of our customers, API continues to invest in IBM Legacy support tools and automation.
Accordingly, one of API’s offerings is that of Ublu Automation, a now leading IBM i process automation engine regularly showcased at IBM Conferences.
Furthermore, API has been recognized by IBM with its award for Leadership in Technology and Innovation for API’s commitment to ongoing research and development (R&D) for the sustained operation and optimization of IBM Legacy environments.
The Quest for Modernization
In the customer quest for modernization, API has a proven track record in helping with this journey via strategy, technology and execution.
Areas where API brings critical expertise include:
- Strategy Formulation: A proven, structured approach for modernization strategy formulation.
- Results and ROI: Link between business results and modernization efforts.
- Technology Prowess: Command of a wide range of technologies and the experience to understand promises and perils of each.
- Data Warehouse: Delivery of a centralized data warehouse, generally required to migrate silos of often redundant information to a centralized store of data and reduce the “reads” and reporting burden on the legacy environment.
- Business Intelligence (BI): The application of tools and data to provide enhanced visibility of performance
In addition, API is experienced in the development and application of a wide range of digital technologies to transform customer operations to boost employee productivity and provide hard dollar ROI including:
- Workflow Automation
- Payment Portals
- Email Contact
- SMS / Text Messaging
- Data Analytics
- Enhanced screen navigation and functionality
- Integration of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning